Monday, June 10, 2013

Pompholyx Breakout Helpful Hints

Always remember, ice helps ease the itching!  I take an ice pack to bed with me wrapped in a pillow case every single night whether I'm itchy when I go to sleep or not.  I tuck it under the blankets at the foot of the bed and that if itching from my Pompholyx  breakouts wakes me up in the night, I can simply pull the ice pack over to my foot and the itching eases allowing me to get back to sleep faster!  I recommend it for the hands or feet!

My rules to live by for comfort with Pompholyx:

Neem Oil may smell bad but it helps relieve the itching when applied topically!

Yeast, Gluten and any processed foods make my itching and Pompholyx blisters worse, avoid them as much as possible!

Avoid stress if possible!

Soak your feet in Johnson's Foot Soap to keep skin soft and avoid calluses on your feet from excessive scratching!

Take a daily yeast preventative such as AZO Yeast which believe it or not has helped relieve my itching as well as reduce Pompholyx breakouts!

After soaking treat your feet to a fresh tingly sensation and keep them soft and supple by applying Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Cream!  This one isn't required or help with the itching but it will make your feet feel nice and keep them soft which is helpful as the skin will thicken and callus due to scratching!

Please visit my website at:  www.pompholyx.net for more info.
Also please like us on Facebook at:http://www.facebook.com/pompholyx.sufferer

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted this. I suspected this as well. I recently wrote a book on this subject, Dyshidrotic Eczema (Pompholox): Seeking Relief from the Itch and Blisters.
    I too, find that when I eat refined carbs I get horrible breakouts!
    Please keep blogging on this matter as I shall---never know what can be discovered further on this topic.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete